· Use your lunch break as a time to sneak in a 10 minute walk!
· Use commercial breaks as exercise breaks! Do a few squats, push-ups, crunches, lunges, jumping jacks, jog in place, whatever your little heart desires! If you’re watching a show with your kids, have them join you!
· Park your car at the far end of the parking lot when going to the store or work. By adding as little as an extra 30 minutes of walking to your day can improve your health and weight status!
· Instead of taking your grocery cart to one of the ‘return stalls’ in the parking lot, take the time to walk it back to the front of the store! You’ll burn a few extra calories, especially since you’re already parked further away!
· Do a squat when you need to pick something up vs. bending over.
· Take advantage of stopping at a red light! Use this time to squeeze and relax your buns and thighs as many times as you can until the light turns green!
· Choose the stairs over the escalator and elevator!
All of these things can be done whether you’re with your family of 5 or solo! Remember that any amount of extra activity can benefit you, but try to aim for 30-60 minutes of exercise/activity per day for maximum benefits!
Do you have any tips for sneaking activity into your day? Let us know!!