HEALTHY & DELICIOUS PANCAKES YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE!
One of my best friends introduced me to these pancakes, apparently the recipe was made popular by The Biggest Loser and it floating all around Pinterest! When I first saw the recipe I couldn’t believe that they would be any good… Until I tried them! They are so delicious and virtually guilt free! I also like this recipe because it uses whole grains (oatmeal) as opposed to traditional pancake mixes that use enriched white flour.
Serves 3: 191 calories | 24 g carbs |19 g protein | 7 g sugar
- 6 egg whites (or ¾ cup of egg substitute)
- 1 cup rolled oats, dry
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I would use fat-free to cut back on calories, but you can choose whatever you’d like)
- 2 tsp sugar (or less, depending on your preference)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
1) In a blender/food processor or what have you- blend all ingredients until smooth (I use an immersion blender like this one.
2) Spray pan or griddle and place over medium-low heat
3) Pour ¼ cup of batter on griddle and flip when bubbles begin to form
4) Cook until golden brown
5) Serve whichever way you like it-- with butter and maple syrup, fruit, nuts, yogurt, the pancake options are endless!
I also tried a savory pancake with this recipe by adding some shredded carrot, onion and mushroom which was also tasty! Get creative!